Like millions of other app developers, we use Google Analytics in the QRbot app.
Google Analytics is a software which collects anonymous usage statistics about our app users (you).
Can I turn off Google Analytics?
Yes! Just go to the settings page in the app and uncheck the setting for anonymous statistics.
What does Google Analytics record?
The collected data does not include any personal information about you such as name, email address or phone number. We also do not track the content of the scanned QR or barcodes (which may be sensitive information such as contact data).
However, we collect statistical information such as
- The type of the code you scan (for example, we only record that you scan a business card, but we do not record anything about the content on that card)
- Your country and system language
- Your phone model and Android version
- How long you stay in the app and which screens you visit
- Your anonymized IP address (only the first part of your IP address)
- Anonymous information about app crashes
What do we do with your data?
The tracking information allows us to better understand our app users regarding which app functionality they use the most and where they experience crashes.
This allows us to improve the QRbot app in areas which matter for our users.
All of our activity falls within the bounds of the Google Analytics Terms of Service.